(Junior) Grower/Horticultural Specialist Africa
• Interpretation of soil and water analyses.
• Establish and specify fertigation requirements for the main crops.
• Study all aspects of product; such as growth speeds, reproduction time, yield, disease resistance, etc. with aim to
|Datum vacature||8 november 2018|
- Interpretation of soil and water analyses.
- Establish and specify fertigation requirements for the main crops.
- Study all aspects of product; such as growth speeds, reproduction time, yield, disease resistance, etc. with aim to maximise production efficiency and output.
- Study and perfect systems in Postharvest handling, yield evaluations and crop assumptions.
- Work with Management to implement general agricultural practices in accordance with global standards.
- Assist management in drafting planting programs, yield assumptions and seasonal crop forecasts.
- Assisting in analyzing yields, operational costs and financial returns of farm horticultural operations.
- Setting up, monitor and present analysis of farm trials/experiments.
- Managing pests, diseases and weed control programs- compiling seasonal crop sprays in accordance with Global GAP standards.
- Establish Irrigation scheduling and monitoring crop water use.
- Training applicable staff where relevant on aspects of crop protection, fertilizer application and crop water use.
- Be part of a management team, advising on the long term strategy and short term business needs.
We are looking for a person who is able to take initiative, work independently while be part of a larger team. The suitable candidate should be able to think innovatively and have a passion for plants and growing things. We are looking for a newly qualified professional with an open mind.
Qualifications: A recognised upper degree in Horticultural production, specially a course that has covered plant husbandry in greenhouse substrate conditions. Key agronomic principles: crop physiology, pest & disease control, crop nutrition and crop water use.
Personality: Technical experienced, Professionally Confident, Detailed, Consultative
Language: Fluent in English
The Company is an export cutting producer of a wide variety of succulent plants. Based on two locations in Zimbabwe. One being 30 kilometres from Harare and the other (main site) 220kms east of Harare in Juliasdale.
The project produces cuttings for export for the pot plant industry in Europe and the USA, on an exclusive contract for a leading Dutch global plant breeding and production company.
If you are interested, please contact Marian de Vries or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, T 31 (0) 6 46 26 53 56 and/or contact me through Skype.